Why Learn On line?

Whether you are thinking about enrolling in an on line course, are in the midst of one or have already completed on line coursework, this is the place to discuss your on line learning experience.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Where's the purple paper?

Where's the purple paper I impatiently ask myself, as I open and close notebooks looking for it. I scan the contents of my black backpack. I had the purple paper last night. Lift my laptop. No, it's not underneath there. Where's my course book, big, blue, paperback? Yup the books up on the shelf. Climb up on the swivel...whoa... wooden desk chair... where's the purple paper? He said that using different colors of paper helps people to easily recognize the distinction of content of a paper. Purple paper, where are you? Aahhh, inside the blue paper back. Got it. Sigh. Sit back in the swivel desk chair to finish typing my post.

Right, purple paper, M.O.D.E. interaction....

As I reflect on the content of the FCSCL course that has initiated my setting up of this blog, I can begin to see a transformation in my understanding of what it means to faciliate CL on line learning. Although comfortable in the role of on line facilitator, at the onset of this course I would respond to others in ways that were instinctual rather than based on pedagogy. What I realized tonight is that I have become even more cognizant of how I interact with others, in particular outside of my FCSCL course, and have begun utilizing methods of learning through that coursework. It's exciting!

As I completed a post in which I shared an analogy between marketing concepts and project management responsibilities (Talk) I realized that I wanted to encourage others to post their experiences. I also knew that I wanted to refer to the M.O.D.E. interaction guiding principles. As I searched for the purple paper that held the answers, I had to chuckle! Here I, who has felt so constrained by these guidelines, have begun to see value in how I may be able to apply them.

It was a relief to actually find the purple paper to review my M.O.D.E. options and find response suggestions that encourage my classmates to participate in discussion thread. I ended my post with a look-type response and look forward to reviewing how classmates outside of FCSCL respond to the prompts.

Has anyone else implemented the M.O.D.E. methodology outside the FCSCL classroom? If so, what types of responses have you received? Would you make any changes to the M.O.D.E principles based on your experience?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home