Why Learn On line?

Whether you are thinking about enrolling in an on line course, are in the midst of one or have already completed on line coursework, this is the place to discuss your on line learning experience.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Collage



It's never simple when it comes to articulating introspective thoughts related to ones own personal development, is it? Well it isn't for me, anyway. I guess I'm beginning to accept that.

Maybe it's because I'm interacting with people who have yet to know me and my history and the circuitous routes I've taken to get where I am today. Or maybe it's because I'm still trying to figure things out too. But in either case, one picture just didn't seem to cover it when charged with finding a graphical representation of me.

During the past two decades life has moved along quite briskly. Planting my feet on the ground and placing focus on my studies was a real turning point for me. Now, nearing the finish of this program, the reality of taking what I've learned and applying it to the real world in the format that I envision is my challenge.

As I read through the various models for instructional design, I observed the numerous intersection points of each method yet realized each contained unique components. As I read, although it all sounds great, I realized, like so many other things in life, how easy it to talk about doing it right but the challenge that actual effective execution presents.

Will I be able to design interactive curriculum that meets standards/objectives while still delivering a positive learning experience to learners? I'm not sure.

I'm expecting a lot from myself during Ped II. Let's see if I'm ready for the challenge and ready to deliver.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

As I read through the various models for instructional design, I observed the numerous intersection points of each method yet realized each contained unique components. As I read, although it all sounds great, I realized, like so many other things in life, how easy it to talk about doing it right but the challenge that actual effective execution presents.

The more I learn, the more I realize that this is true. BUT this does not necessarily render what work one has done in the past irrelevant or "less than". It was simply the best that one was able to do at the time, and for me anyway, still quality work. One hopefully never stops learning new things.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home